Deadline

Deadline,

Definition of Deadline:

1. A line drawn around a prison beyond which prisoners were liable to be shot.

2. A final time that a task must be completed by. Chris knew that the deadline for new undergraduate applications was approaching, so he spent the whole weekend completing his entrance essays..

3. The latest time or date by which something should be completed.

Synonyms of Deadline

Time limit, Limit, Finishing date, Finishing time, Target date, Target time, Cut-off point, A-day, D day, H hour, Border line, Bound, Boundary, Boundary condition, Boundary line, Bourn, Break boundary, Breakoff point, Ceiling, Charged moment, Circumscription, Compass, Confine, Critical moment, Crucial moment, Cutoff, Cutoff point, Decisive moment, Delimitation, Determinant, Division line, Eleventh hour, End, Extremity, Finish, Floor, Frontier, Hedge, High-water mark, Interface, Kairos, Kairotic moment, Limen, Limit, Limitation, Limiting factor, Line, Line of demarcation, Low-water mark, Lower limit, March, Mark, Mete, Moment of truth, Nick of time, Pregnant moment, Psychological moment, Start, Starting line, Starting point, Target date, Term, Terminal date, Terminus, Threshold, Time allotment, Upper limit, Zero hour

How to use Deadline in a sentence?

1. I had to meet the deadline , or my work would not be accepted and I would be back in the unemployment line.
  2. The deadline for submissions is February 5th.
  3. If you are facing an important deadline you may have to put all other projects on hold and solely focus on the task at hand.
  4. Steve was working as quickly as possible, but he knew in his heart of hearts there would be no way he would make the deadline on time.

Meaning of Deadline & Deadline Definition