Definition of Data mining:
Sifting through very large amounts of data for useful information. Data mining uses artificial intelligence techniques, neural networks, and advanced statistical tools (such as cluster analysis) to reveal trends, patterns, and relationships, which might otherwise have remained undetected. In contrast to an expert system (which draws inferences from the given data on the basis of a given set of rules) data mining attempts to discover hidden rules underlying the data. Also called data surfing.
Data mining is a process used by companies to turn raw data into useful information. By using software to look for patterns in large batches of data, businesses can learn more about their customers to develop more effective marketing strategies, increase sales and decrease costs. Data mining depends on effective data collection, warehousing, and computer processing.
The practice of examining large databases in order to generate new information.
Data mining involves exploring and analyzing large blocks of information to glean meaningful patterns and trends. It can be used in a variety of ways, such as database marketing, credit risk management, fraud detection, spam Email filtering, or even to discern the sentiment or opinion of users.
How to use Data mining in a sentence?
- After hours of rigorous data mining the archives, the researchers were finally able to find the source code for the virus which crashed the entire network.
- Sociologists are quite excited about the wealth of information now possible through data mining with regard to studying patterns of behaviour.
- Data mining programs break down patterns and connections in data based on what information users request or provide.
- Data mining can be used by corporations for everything from learning about what customers are interested in or want to buy to fraud detection and spam filtering.
- The program finds information through data mining , searching through lots of information very quickly to find connections and patterns which could otherwise never be found.
- It is not uncommon that databases for data mining require their own analytic engine, design and structure.
- Data mining is the process of analyzing a large batch of information to discern trends and patterns.
Meaning of Data mining & Data mining Definition