The drive belt is connected to the drive shaft sprocket on the back of the Craftsman turf. However, as Craftsman ride-on mowers do not have a manual drive belt adjustment, the belts will need to be replaced if they become loose.
The drive belt can come loose from the mower because it is damaged or loose. Even if it does not fall, such a belt is dangerous. When loosened, the belt can slip, causing friction which, if heated sufficiently, can cause a fire in the lawnmower.
How to tighten the belt on a poulan.
- Roll the Poulan mower on a level surface.
- Raise the hood and remove the spark plug with a socket wrench.
- Lower the bridge.
- Slide the idler pulley under the engine.
- Remove the screw from the housing on the tire.
- Slide the pulley onto the belt and pull it out.
The drive belt mass connects the engine crankshaft to the driveshaft sprocket to drive the rear wheels. If the belt breaks, the tractor will not move. When the belt is worn, the rider will move slowly as the belt slides over the pulley.
- Step 1: Install the mower to replace the mower belt.
- Step 2: Check the engine temperature before replacing the mower belt.
- Step 3: Disconnect the wire from the spark plug.
- Step 4: Remove the mower deck and battery.
- Step 5: Loosen the impeller from the drive shaft.
- Step 6: Loosen the tension on the top drive belt.
The straps do not extend far lengthwise, the side walls wear out when pulled and the strap shrinks. This gives the impression that the belt is tight. Replace it with a new band. This will return the belt to its original size.
Turn the adjustment screw on the side, top, or bottom of the pulley counterclockwise with the retainer and base of the accessory belt loose enough to allow for removal. Tighten the tensioner by turning the adjusting screw with the ratchet and the base clockwise until the belt is tight.
Artigiano is one of the industry leaders in the sale of mowers and tractors. Many models in the Craftsman series are made by Husqvarna, while others are made by MTD. Homemade ride-on mowers run in the price range, from gearbox models for around 1,000 to fully hydrostatic transmissions for over 2,000.
The term primary cutting belt means that it is a secondary cutting belt and may differ depending on the tractor’s cutting unit if multiple cutting units are available for this tractor.
Craftsman LT1000 917.271814 Tire belt size 95 or 95.5
There is no standard size for a 42 inch lawn mower. Each model uses a different sized belt. As an example, some models use a drive belt a few inches wide and 92 inches long, while others use a ½ inch wide and 85 inch long drive belt.
42 combined blades and belt for Craftsman LT2000.