Cover letter

Cover letter,

Definition of Cover letter:

1. A cover letter is a written document commonly submitted with a job application outlining the applicant's credentials and interest in the open position. Since a cover letter is often one of only two documents sent to a potential employer, a well- or poorly-written letter can impact whether the applicant is called for an interview.

2. Formal letter describing the accompanying documents and/or other items and the reasons for sending them.

3. A letter sent with, and explaining the contents of, another document or a parcel of goods.

4. Most job postings are done online and no longer require a physical application. Instead, applicants send companies a copy of their resume along with a cover letter either by email or with a hard copy through the mail. A resume offers a glimpse into the professional and academic experience of a potential employee. The cover letter, on the other hand, acts as an introduction written by the candidate to express their interest in the position and what makes them the best fit for the job.

How to use Cover letter in a sentence?

1. The cover letter was one of the best I have ever read. The candidate was both personal and professional in his pitch.
  2. A good cover letter complements the resume and explains why the candidate is the ideal person for the job.
  3. When sending out an important memo to your employees using a cover letter will make it look much more professional.
  4. To get the job I had to send in my resume with a cover letter , because this job required a lot of prior experience.
  5. Common cover letter mistakes can sink a job applicant.
  6. A cover letter is commonly submitted with a job application explaining the applicant's credentials and interest in the position.

Meaning of Cover letter & Cover letter Definition