Courier

Courier,

Definition of Courier:

1. Send or transport (goods or documents) by courier.

2. An individual responsible for the exchange of items between two or more parties. Couriers are usually employed by a company that charges a flat rate to the party using the courier service. Federal Express, UPS, DHL, and the United States Post Office all employ couriers to deliver mail and packages. Couriers are extremely important in busy cities because they are able to use other modes of transportation such as bicycles and motorcycles to maneuver around heavy traffic.

3. A company or employee of a company that transports commercial packages and documents.

4. A person employed to guide and assist a group of tourists.

Synonyms of Courier

Messenger, Special messenger, Dispatch rider, Letter carrier, Mail carrier, Runner, Bearer, Message bearer, Message carrier, Delivery man, Delivery woman, Conveyor, Envoy, Emissary, Harbinger, Herald, Gyropilot, Hermes, Iris, Mercury, Paul Revere, Pheidippides, Automatic pilot, Bearer, Boatheader, Boatsteerer, Carrier, Cicerone, Commissionaire, Cowherd, Coxswain, Diplomatic courier, Dragoman, Drover, Emissary, Envoy, Estafette, Express, Go-between, Goatherd, Guide, Guidepost, Guider, Helmsman, Herd, Herdsman, Internuncio, Mercury, Message-bearer, Messenger, Navigator, Nuncio, Pilot, Pointer, Post, Postboy, Postrider, River pilot, Runner, Shepherd, Steerer, Steersman, Tour director, Tour guide, Representative, Guide, Tour guide, Travel guide, Tour company representative

How to use Courier in a sentence?

1. I needed to deliver my product immediately so I decided to use a courier to make sure the package was delivered today.
  2. The fun began in the South of France when I was a tour courier.
  3. The bicycle courier was hit by a bus on his way to the court house, which prevented the lawyer from filing his appeal.
  4. Your order can be couriered to you in three days.
  5. When his boss called to complain that the time-sensitive documents he was waiting for still hadnt arrived, Victor worried that the courier responsible for delivery may secretly be on their competitors payroll and had sabotaged them on purpose.
  6. The check was dispatched by courier.

Meaning of Courier & Courier Definition