Definition of Corrosive:
Tending to cause corrosion.
Substance that causes visible discoloration, destruction, or irreversible changes, in living tissue at the point of contact within four hours. For the same effect on inanimate material, the term corroding may instead be used.
A corrosive substance.
Synonyms of Corrosive
Ablative, Acerb, Acerbate, Acerbic, Acid, Acidic, Acidulent, Acidulous, Acrid, Acrimonious, Actual cautery, Angry, Baleful, Baneful, Biodegradable, Biting, Bitter, Brand, Brand iron, Branding iron, Caustic, Cauter, Cauterant, Cauterizer, Cautery, Corroding, Corrupting, Corruptive, Counterproductive, Cutting, Damaging, Deadly, Decomposable, Decomposing, Degradable, Deleterious, Detrimental, Dilapidated, Disadvantageous, Discontented, Disintegrable, Disintegrated, Disintegrating, Disintegrative, Disjunctive, Disruptive, Disserviceable, Distressing, Driving, Effective, Electrocautery, Eroding, Erosive, Escharotic, Feeling evil, Forceful, Forcible, Gutsy, Harmful, Hot iron, Hurtful, Imperative, Impressive, Incisive, Injurious, Keen, Lethal, Lunar caustic, Malefic, Malevolent, Malign, Malignant, Mischievous, Moldering, Mordacious, Mordant, Moxa, Nervous, Noisome, Noxious, Ominous, Out of humor, Out of sorts, Out of temper, Penetrating, Pernicious, Piercing, Poignant, Poisonous, Potential cautery, Powerful, Prejudicial, Punchy, Radium, Ravaged, Resolvent, Ruinous, Scatheful, Scathing, Scorching, Sensational, Separative, Sharp, Sinewed, Sinewy, Slashing, Solvent, Stabbing, Stinging, Striking, Strong, Tart, Telling, Toxic, Trenchant, Venenate, Veneniferous, Venenous, Venomous, Vicious, Vigorous, Virulent, Vital, Withering, Worn, Caustic, Corroding, Eroding, Erosive, Abrasive, Biting, Mordant, Burning, Stinging
How to use Corrosive in a sentence?
- That is an enormous range of substances and, as has already been pointed out, it includes explosives, corrosives, oxidising agents, reducing agents, caustic agents, and acidic agents - the works.
- If you are in an industrial factory it is very important to be really careful with all corrosive materials so they dont harm you.
- The chemistry teacher warned her students to be wary, the chemicals they would be using are corrosive , and can be dangerous if handled improperly.
- The corrosive effects of salt water.
- We didnt put chemical A into the mixture in chemistry class because we realized there would be some corrosive effects if we did.
Meaning of Corrosive & Corrosive Definition