Conversion

Conversion,

Definition of Conversion:

1. The action of wrongfully dealing with goods in a manner inconsistent with the owners rights.

2. The act of gaining a first down.

3. The manifestation of a mental disturbance as a physical disorder or disease.

4. The change in a quantitys numerical value as a result of using a different unit of measurement.

5. The act of scoring an extra point or points after having scored a touchdown.

6. Manufacturing: Changing the form of a material to serve a different purpose, without changing its essential characteristics or properties.

7. The process of changing or causing something to change from one form to another.

8. The fact of changing ones religion or beliefs or the action of persuading someone else to change theirs.

9. (in the context of online marketing) the proportion of people viewing an advertisement and going on to buy the product, click on a link, etc.

10. Computing: Converting data stored in one file format into another, or from one type of storage media to another.

11. Law: Wrongful possession or disposal (whether deliberate or negligent) of personal property belonging to another, thereby denying him or her the rights of its ownership. For example, borrowing something and not giving it back. Conversion is usually a civil offense.

Synonyms of Conversion

Fabianism, About-face, Abstraction, Abuse, Abuse of office, Accommodation, Adaptation, Adjustment, Adoption, Alteration, Amelioration, Annexation, Apostasy, Appropriation, Architecture, Assembly, Befoulment, Betterment, Block, Blocking, Boosting, Break, Building, Casting, Change, Change of heart, Changeableness, Changeover, Circumcision, Composition, Construction, Constructive change, Continuity, Conveyance, Corrupt administration, Crafting, Craftsmanship, Creation, Cultivation, Debasement, Defalcation, Defection, Defense mechanism, Defilement, Degeneration, Degenerative change, Desecration, Deterioration, Deviation, Devising, Difference, Discontinuity, Divergence, Diversification, Diversion, Diversity, Elaboration, Embezzlement, Erection, Evangelization, Extraction, Extremism, Fabrication, Fashioning, Filching, Fitting, Flip-flop, Formation, Forming, Formulation, Fouling, Framing, Fraud, Gradual change, Gradualism, Graft, Growing, Handicraft, Handiwork, Harvesting, Improvement, Innovation, Liberation, Lifting, Machining, Making, Maladministration, Malfeasance, Malpractice, Malversation, Manufacture, Manufacturing, Melioration, Meliorism, Mental block, Metamorphosis, Milling, Mining, Misapplication, Misappropriation, Misconduct, Misemployment, Misfeasance, Mishandling, Mismanagement, Misusage, Misuse, Mitigation, Modification, Modulation, Molding, Mutation, New birth, New life, Novelty, Overthrow, Peculation, Permutation, Persuasion, Perversion, Pilferage, Pilfering, Pinching, Poaching, Pollution, Poor stewardship, Prefabrication, Preparation, Processing, Producing, Profanation, Progressivism, Proselytism, Proselytization, Prostitution, Qualification, Radical change, Radical reform, Radicalism, Raising, Re-creation, Realignment, Rebirth, Reclamation, Redeemedness, Redemption, Redesign, Refining, Reform, Reformation, Reformism, Regeneration, Remaking, Renewal, Repression, Reshaping, Restructuring, Reversal, Revisionism, Revival, Revivification, Revolution, Salvation, Scrounging, Second birth, Shaping, Shift, Shoplifting, Smelting, Snatching, Sneak thievery, Snitching, Spiritual purification, Stealage, Stealing, Sublimation, Sudden change, Suppression, Swindle, Swiping, Switch, Symbolization, Theft, Thievery, Thieving, Total change, Transformation, Transition, Transmutation, Turn, Turnabout, Turning, Upheaval, Utopianism, Variation, Variety, Violation, Violent change, Workmanship, Worsening, Spiritual rebirth, Regeneration, Reformation, Change, Changing, Transformation, Turning, Altering, Metamorphosis, Transfiguration, Transmutation, Translation, Sea change

How to use Conversion in a sentence?

1. The conversion of food into body tissues.
  2. If this monotonous mess doesnt end after two overtimes, teams are forced to go for two points on touchdown conversions.
  3. Such a range can hardly be attributed to mistakes in the conversion of measurement units.
  4. They also were fifth in fewest third-down conversions allowed and second in fewest first-downs allowed.
  5. I am from America, I do not understand the price of a dollar to the Yen. I have to get a conversion chart that can show me the difference?.
  6. He was found guilty of the fraudulent conversion of clients monies.
  7. My conversion to the Catholic faith.
  8. Youll see better conversion rates for your local advertising if you include your physical address on your website.
  9. When I move the state of one thing to another it could be said I am engaging in conversion of said object.
  10. Conversion disorders.
  11. I am from America, I do not understand the price of a dollar to the Yen. I have to get a conversion chart that can show me the difference?.

Meaning of Conversion & Conversion Definition