Contact

Contact,

Definition of Contact:

1. Term used to describe reaching out to or being in touch with another person, business or entity. For example, a salesperson may contact another person or business for a potential sale.

2. The state or condition of communicating or meeting.

3. An individuals private or personal information by which another person, business, or entity can use to reach the individual. For example, a company database may have its employees private and public contact information for purposes of reaching an employee for various reasons. This can also be used to indicate a person. For example, an individual may say that he or she has a contact at XYZ Company, meaning the individual knows a person at XYZ Company and has a way of reaching this person.

4. The state or condition of physical touching.

5. Touch.

6. Communicate with (someone), typically in order to give or receive specific information.

Synonyms of Contact

Get in touch with, Communicate with, Make contact with, Approach, Reach, Notify, Be in communication with, Touch, Touching, Touch, Stroke, Caress, Skim, Sweep, Graze, Shave, Glance, Contact, Flick, Scrape, ESP, Accord, Acquaintance, Answer, Approach, Arbitrator, Assail the ear, Association, Attouchement, Be heard, Breath, Broker, Brush, Brush by, Caress, Caress the ear, Closeness, Come in contact, Commerce, Communicate with, Communication, Communion, Companionship, Concord, Congress, Conjunction, Connection, Contiguity, Contingence, Conversation, Converse, Correspond, Correspond with, Correspondence, Cutaneous sense, Dealing, Dealings, Empathy, Establish connection, Exchange, Feel, Feeling, Fellowship, Fingertip caress, Flick, Friend, Gain a hearing, Get, Get across, Get hold of, Get through to, Get to, Glance, Go-between, Graze, Hand-mindedness, Harmony, Hit, Impinge, Impingement, Impingence, In, Information, Interaction, Interagent, Interchange, Intercommunication, Intercommunion, Intercourse, Intermediary, Intermediate, Intermedium, Internuncio, Interplay, Interpleader, Interrogate, Junction, Kiss, Lambency, Lap, Lick, Light touch, Linguistic intercourse, Maintain connection, Make advances, Make an impression, Make contact with, Make oneself heard, Make overtures, Make up to, Mediator, Medium, Message, Middleman, Nearness, Negotiant, Negotiator, Nudge, Oneness, Osculate, Osculation, Phone, Propinquity, Proximity, Question, Raise, Rapport, Reach, Reach the ear, Register, Relate to, Relation, Reply, Reply to, Respond to, Response, Ring up, Rub, Scrape, Sense of touch, Shave, Sideswipe, Skim, Skirt, Social intercourse, Speak to, Speak with, Speaking, Speech, Speech circuit, Speech situation, Squeak by, Stroke, Sympathy, Tactile sense, Taction, Talking, Tangency, Tap, Telepathy, Telephone, Tentative contact, Tentative poke, Touch, Touching, Traffic, Truck, Two-way communication, Understanding, Union, Unity, Whisper, Write to, Communication, Connection, Correspondence, Touch, Association

How to use Contact in a sentence?

1. The tennis ball is in contact with the court surface for as little as 5 milliseconds.
  2. I have not had any contact with my family for a long time and it worries me because I think they are better off without me.
  3. Lewis and Clark came into contact with numerous river tribes.
  4. We were fortunate to have a contact at the company we could reach out to discuss the predicament we found ourselves in.
  5. Anyone with any information should contact Darlington police.
  6. When you go to a big convention you should have your contact number ready to give out to new businesses you are just meeting.

Meaning of Contact & Contact Definition