Definition of Consumption:
The using up of a resource.
A wasting disease, especially pulmonary tuberculosis.
The process in which the substance of a thing is completely destroyed, used up, or incorporated or transformed into something else. Consumption of goods and services is the amount of them used in a particular time period.
Synonyms of Consumption
Tuberculosis, Pulmonary tuberculosis, TB, Wasting disease, Emaciation, Sanforizing, TB, Ablation, Active use, Aerogenic tuberculosis, Appetite, Appliance, Application, Atrophy, Attenuation, Attrition, Bloodbath, Blue ruin, Breakup, Cannibalism, Carnage, Carnivorism, Carnivority, Carnivorousness, Cerebral tuberculosis, Chewing, Colliquation, Corrosion, Cropping, Damnation, Decimation, Decrease, Decrement, Deglutition, Deliquescence, Depletion, Depreciation, Depredation, Desolation, Despoilment, Despoliation, Destruction, Devastation, Devouring, Devourment, Dieting, Dining, Disintegration, Disorganization, Disruption, Disseminated tuberculosis, Dissipation, Dissolution, Drain, Drying, Drying up, Eating, Emaceration, Emaciation, Employ, Employment, Epulation, Erosion, Evaporation, Exercise, Exertion, Exhaustion, Expenditure, Feasting, Feeding, Gluttony, Gobbling, Good use, Grazing, Hard usage, Hard use, Havoc, Hecatomb, Herbivorism, Herbivority, Herbivorousness, Holocaust, Hunger, Ill use, Impoverishment, Ingestion, Leakage, Licking, Loss, Lupus vulgaris, Manducation, Marcescence, Mastication, Messing, Misuse, Munching, Nibbling, Nutrition, Omnivorism, Omnivorousness, Omophagy, Pantophagy, Parching, Pasture, Pasturing, Pecking, Perdition, Phthisis, Preshrinkage, Pulmonary tuberculosis, Ravage, Regalement, Relishing, Rough usage, Ruin, Ruination, Rumination, Savoring, Scrofula, Scrofuloderma, Searing, Shambles, Shrinkage, Shrinking, Shriveling, Slaughter, Spoliation, Tasting, Thinning, Tuberculosis, Tuberculosis cutis, Tuberculosis luposa, Tuberculous meningitis, Undoing, Usage, Use, Using, Using up, Vandalism, Vegetarianism, Wastage, Waste, Wasting, Wear and tear, Wearing, Wearing away, White plague, Wilting, Withering, Wolfing, Wrack, Wrack and ruin, Wreck, Wrong use, Using up, Use, Utilization, Expending, Expenditure
How to use Consumption in a sentence?
- Too much consumption of alcohol can cause short and long term series health effects and even result in permanent bodily damage or death.
- Industrialized countries should reduce their energy consumption.
- The manufacture of the new chemical was considered dangerous because it required the consumption of large quantities of volatile hydrocarbon based chemicals.
- A small naturalistic pharmacy created the perfect medicine for colds. It became a popular drug. A larger company got involved with them causing a great consumption of their product. The product was taken remade and renamed, but it never worked the same again.
- His mother had died of consumption.
Meaning of Consumption & Consumption Definition