Definition of Consultant:
A hospital doctor of senior rank within a specific field.
Experienced professional who provides expert knowledge (often packaged under a catchy name) for a fee. He or she works in an advisory capacity only and is usually not accountable for the outcome of a consulting exercise. Some consultants (like Peter Drucker and W. Edward Deming) have brought dramatic shifts in management thinking and improvements in the performance of organizations.
A person who provides expert advice professionally.
Synonyms of Consultant
Senior doctor, Specialist, Adviser, Guide, Counsellor, Admirable Crichton, Dutch uncle, Polonius, Adept, Admonisher, Adviser, Advisor, Artisan, Artist, Attache, Authority, Backseat driver, Buttinsky, Confidant, Connaisseur, Connoisseur, Cordon bleu, Counsel, Counselor, Crack shot, Craftsman, Dead shot, Diplomat, Diplomatist, Doctor, Elder statesman, Experienced hand, Expert, Expert consultant, Graduate, Guide, Handy man, Instructor, Journeyman, Kibitzer, Marksman, Meddler, Mentor, Monitor, Nestor, No slouch, Orienter, Physician, Politician, Preceptist, Pro, Professional, Professor, Proficient, Savant, Shark, Sharp, Specialist, Statesman, Teacher, Technical adviser, Technician
How to use Consultant in a sentence?
- I did not want to hire anyone full time so I decided to go with a consultant who specializes in the nature of this type of project.
- When youre unsure of a particular answer, or you would like a second opinion on an idea, you can hire a consultant .
- I hired a consultant to help me improve the workflow in my small business, as well as to help me learn ways to motivate my employees.
- A consultant pediatrician.
- He acted as campaign consultant to the president.
Meaning of Consultant & Consultant Definition