Construct

Construct,

Definition of Construct:

1. Build or erect (something, typically a building, road, or machine).

2. An idea or theory containing various conceptual elements, typically one considered to be subjective and not based on empirical evidence.

3. Concept or useful fiction (which may or may not refer to an objective reality) employed in summarizing multitudes of facts and in formulating explanatory theories. The terms average family and organizational culture, for example, are constructs that encapsulate (and maybe somewhat distort) the activities and behaviors of a few or millions of people. Also called hypothetical construct, logical construct, or theoretical construct. See also constructed knowledge.

Synonyms of Construct

Architecture, Assemble, Build, Build up, Building, Cast, Combine, Compose, Compound, Concoct, Consist of, Constitute, Construction, Create, Devise, Edifice, Elaborate, Embody, Enter into, Erect, Erection, Establish, Establishment, Evolve, Extrude, Fabric, Fabricate, Fashion, Forge, Form, Formulate, Frame, Fudge together, Get up, Go into, House, Incorporate, Indite, Invent, Join, Make, Make up, Manufacture, Mature, Merge in, Mix, Mold, Organize, Packaged house, Patch together, Piece together, Pile, Prefab, Prefabricate, Prefabrication, Prepare, Produce, Put together, Put up, Pyramid, Raise, Rear, Run up, Set, Set up, Shape, Skyscraper, Structure, Superstructure, Synthesize, Tower, Unite in, Uprear, Whomp up, Write, Build, Erect, Put up, Set up, Raise, Establish, Assemble, Manufacture, Fabricate, Form, Fashion, Contrive, Create, Make

How to use Construct in a sentence?

1. History is largely an ideological construct.
  2. In order to construct a plan, youll need to know what your goals are, then think of the best ways to accomplish them.
  3. I created a logical construct to help guide my students on basing their judgement of the deal I had taught them.
  4. The planning commission voted to tear down the old building and to construct a newer energy efficent replacement in its place as quickly as possible to decrease costs.
  5. A company that constructs oil rigs.

Meaning of Construct & Construct Definition