Definition of Condominium:
Single, individually-owned housing unit in a multi-unit building. The condominium owner holds sole title to the unit, but owns land and common property (elevators, halls, roof, stairs, etc.) jointly with other unit owners, and shares the upkeep expenses on the common-property with them. Unit owner pays property taxes only on his or her unit, and may mortgage, rent, or sell it just like any other personal property.
The joint control of a countrys or territorys affairs by other countries.
A building or complex of buildings containing a number of individually owned apartments or houses.
Synonyms of Condominium
Apartment house, Association, Cochairmanship, Complicity, Contribution, Cooperative apartment house, Copartnership, Copartnery, Cotenancy, Duplex, Duplex house, Engagement, Flats, Having a part, High-rise apartment building, Involvement, Joint chairmanship, Joint control, Joint ownership, Joint tenancy, Partaking, Participation, Partnership, Sharing, Suffrage, Tenement, Voting
How to use Condominium in a sentence?
- The works department estimates that multi-family dwellings - which include apartments, condominiums and townhouse complexes - are home to about 40 per cent of Torontos population.
- The condominium on the bluffs overlooking the river on the other side of town is widely known to be a drug den of ill repute.
- Rather than buying a house a person can rent a condominium , a house that is part of a unit with shared property like elevators, hall, stairs, with other owners.
- If anything, new Europe - the Europe of the European Union - has been driven by the Franco-German condominium.
- A condominium in the right location can be a great real estate investment if you get in at the right place and time.
Meaning of Condominium & Condominium Definition