Definition of Compilation:
Knowledge: Original instructional, literary, or scholarly work derived from pre-existing material of several authors, but arranged and presented in a unique manner.
Accounting: Presentation of financial data that is mathematically accurate, but is without the assurance of its compiler (an accountant or auditor) as to its verifiability or conformity with the GAAP.
The action or process of producing something, especially a list, book, or report, by assembling information collected from other sources.
Recordkeeping: Collection of documents and other material arranged to facilitate its easy retrieval.
A thing, especially a book, record, or broadcast program, that is put together by assembling previously separate items.
Synonyms of Compilation
Collection, Selection, Anthology, Treasury, Compendium, Album, Corpus, Miscellany, Pot-pourri, Festschrift, Album, Ana, Analects, Anthology, Aquarium, Beauties, Body, Canon, Chrestomathy, Collectanea, Collected works, Collection, Complete works, Corpus, Data, Delectus, Florilegium, Flowers, Fund, Garden, Garland, Holdings, Library, Menagerie, Miscellanea, Miscellany, Museum, Omnibus, Photograph album, Quotation book, Raw data, Scrapbook, Symposium, Treasure, Zoo
How to use Compilation in a sentence?
- The PhD student worked on his thesis paper which stemmed from a compilation of many different ideas in different papers and articles already written.
- With the audit coming up, the accountant hustled to get all of the compilation s together in one report for the auditor.
- Sometimes I like to watch compilation videos on youtube that have all sorts of different videos of the same genre in one video.
- There are thirty-three stories in this compilation.
- Great care has been taken in the compilation of this guidebook.
Meaning of Compilation & Compilation Definition