Definition of Collision insurance:
Automobile insurance that covers physical damage and injury. (1) In comprehensive insurance, the insurer pays for the damage to the insureds vehicle and (if the insured is at fault) to the other vehicle(s), as well as for personal injury and private property damage arising out of the collision. (2) In third-party insurance, only the loss and/or injury sustained by the party other than the insured is covered. Also called collision coverage.
Collision insurance is auto coverage that reimburses the insured for damage sustained to their personal automobile, due to the fault of the insured driver. This type of insurance is often added as an extension of a basic automobile policy to protect drivers in the event of damage fro a collision.
As the name implies, collision insurance repays the insured for damage from an actual collision. It does not cover damage due to theft or vandalism. It also does not cover damage that is paid from another driver's policy, if the other driver was at fault.
How to use Collision insurance in a sentence?
- Having a good collision insurance will keep the liability down when you are transporting your many goods across the country.
- When two drivers are in an accident, collision insurance pays for the damage, and it will cover damage from potholes, and accidents involving an inanimate object.
- This type of insurance is separate from a comprehensive automobile insurance policy but often added an extension.
- If your company moves things on the ground you will need to have good collision insurance in case there is an accident.
- After the subsequent pileup and vehicle damage and injuries, there was hope that the collision insurance would be enough to take care of everyone and make them whole.
- Collision coverage is often expensive to purchase, but premiums may be lowered by choosing a $500 or higher deductible.
- Comprehensive auto insurance covers events out of a driver's control. Collision insurance cover events within a driver's control or when another driver hits your car.
- Collision insurance is coverage that reimburses the insured for damage sustained to their automobile when they are not at fault.
Meaning of Collision insurance & Collision insurance Definition