Cohort

Cohort,

Definition of Cohort:

1. An ancient Roman military unit, comprising six centuries, equal to one tenth of a legion.

2. Group whose members share a significant experience at a certain period of time or have one or more similar characteristics . People born in the same year, for example, are the birth cohorts (generation) for that year. Similarly, married men or those who smoke are cohorts of the other married men or other smokers.

3. A supporter or companion.

4. A group of people banded together or treated as a group.

Synonyms of Cohort

KP, Abettor, Accessory, Accomplice, Accomplice in crime, Adherent, Adjunct, Age group, Ally, Army, Army group, Associate, Attendance, Attendant, Band, Battalion, Battery, Battle group, Bedfellow, Bevy, Body, Body of retainers, Brigade, Brother, Brother-in-arms, Bunch, Cabal, Cadre, Cast, Clique, Coadjutor, Coconspirator, Colleague, Column, Combat command, Combat team, Companion, Company, Compatriot, Compeer, Complement, Comrade, Confederate, Confrere, Consociate, Consort, Contingent, Copartner, Corps, Cortege, Coterie, Court, Covey, Crew, Crony, Crowd, Detachment, Detail, Disciple, Division, Entourage, Faction, Fellow, Fellow conspirator, Fellow member, Field army, Field train, File, Fleet, Flying column, Follower, Following, Friend, Gang, Garrison, Group, Grouping, Groupment, Henchman, In-group, Junta, Kitchen police, Legion, Maniple, Mate, Mob, Movement, Organization, Out-group, Outfit, Pack, Parasite, Pard, Partisan, Party, Peer group, Phalanx, Platoon, Posse, Rank, Regiment, Retinue, Rout, Salon, Satellite, Sectary, Section, Set, Socius criminis, Squad, Squadron, Stable, String, Suite, Supporter, Tactical unit, Task force, Team, Train, Tribe, Troop, Troupe, Unit, Wing, Supporter, Follower, Adherent, Devotee, Champion, Backer, Upholder, Promoter, Fanatic, Fan, Enthusiast, Stalwart, Zealot, Disciple, Votary, Unit, Outfit, Force

How to use Cohort in a sentence?

1. A cohort of civil servants patiently drafting legislation.
  2. I am a member of the cohort called millennials because I was born after the cut off date for Generation X.
  3. He replaced the existing praetorian guard with sixteen cohorts recruited from his German legions.
  4. My cohort of friends like to go out on the weekends and play frisbee, drink beer, and enjoy the nice weather.

Meaning of Cohort & Cohort Definition