Clo2 Lewis Structure

Clo2 Lewis Structure

Lewis structure of ClO2?

Kenny,

I think Jonathan's formula is wrong ... You're right, there are 19 valence electrons. Use 4 to create two links. Next, you need to give the bones a byte (3 extra pairs per piece). It costs 12 more. Now you have 3 left ... they need to be placed in the middle of tomorrow ... so tomorrow has only one pair and one electron.

This may sound strange because the total byte violates the rule. However, if you think about it, you will find that having an odd number of electrons makes it impossible to byte each atom because the bond must be zero for 2 electrons. If you make another contact with C1, you will get more than one byte, which is very unstable. However, the actual structure of the reaction is free and absolutely zero.

Congratulations ... Taylor looks like that!

Clo2 Lewis Structure

Clo2 Lewis Structure

Lewis structure of ClO2? 3

Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like BT aint for me either.

I mean ClO2 without any negative charge. I know there are 19 valence electrons, but I don't know how to calculate this odd number. No suggestions?

Kenny,

I think Jonathan misunderstood the formula ... You're right, there are 19 valence electrons. Use 4 to create two links. Next, you need to give the bones one byte (3 extra pairs per piece). It uses 12 more. Now you have 3 left ... they need to be placed around the center of Cl ... so Cl has only one pair and only one electron.

This may sound strange because Cl violates the byte principle. However, if you think about it, you will find that the odd number of electrons makes it impossible to byte every atom because the bond must be zero for 2 electrons. If you make a second connection to C1, you will get more than one byte, which is very unstable. However, the proper structure is free and it also responds very well.

Congratulations ... Taylor looks like that!

This page can help you.

D:

Lewis structure of ClO2?

Yeah Al that sounds pretty crap to me, Looks like BT aint for me either.

I mean ClO2 without any negative charge. I know there are 19 valence electrons, but I don't know how to calculate this odd number. No suggestions?

I just did that by mastering chemistry, the answer is 2 lone pairs in O, double bond in Cl, lone pairs in Cl plus lone electron, double bond in the other O, which has 2 pairs of single electrons.

There must be 20 valences. 6 of O, 7 of each Cls. This is by group number.

So this would be ClOCl with two pairs of five electrons and three pairs around each Cl.

The triple bond between the two Os and Cl and the rest in Cl ... doesn't matter to me

Clo2 Lewis Structure

Clo2 Lewis Structure

it is

Clo2 Lewis Structure