Definition of Client:
Computing: Hardware device (such as a personal computer) or a software application (such as a word-processor) that requests and makes use of services (such as file-transfer and storage) provided by another computer called the server. Normally, a user interacts (interfaces) only with a client whereas the server might be out of sight. A user logged on to a website is using a client computer (with the browser as the client software) that is connected via internet to a server (websites computer).
General: Customer of a professional service provider, or the principal of an agent or contractor.
(in ancient Rome) a plebeian under the protection of a patrician.
A person or organization using the services of a lawyer or other professional person or company.
(in a network) a desktop computer or workstation that is capable of obtaining information and applications from a server.
Synonyms of Client
Customer, Buyer, Purchaser, Shopper, Consumer, User
How to use Client in a sentence?
- This week, the lawyer would be working with his new client , who was suing a company for malpractice and needed help with it.
- Those who work in interior design should be careful to avoid putting too much of their own tastes and preferences into their work and remember to listen to the desires of their client.
- In ancient Rome clients were plebeians who were bound in a subservient relationship with their patrician patron.
- Insurance tailor-made to a clients specific requirements.
- The lawyer talked to his client , who was a famous drug dealer that had been caught last night in North Dakota.
- Workstation clients are going to be easy to install.
Meaning of Client & Client Definition