Definition of Claims:
The act of making demands or assertions. For example, one party of a contract may make claims that the other is in breach of contract.
An assertion that something is true.
Cause the loss of (someones life).
State or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.
Formally request or demand; say that one owns or has earned (something).
A demand or request for something considered ones due.
Plural of claim: legal demands or assertions.
Rights that an individual or legal entity is entitled to. For example, an individual or business can have claims on a title signifying ownership of some land.
Synonyms of Claims
Request, Application, Take, Lay claim to, Say that one owns, Assert ownership of, Formally request, Assert, Declare, Profess, Maintain, State, Hold, Affirm, Avow, Aver, Protest, Insist, Swear, Attest, Assertion, Declaration, Profession, Affirmation, Avowal, Averment, Protestation, Representation
How to use Claims in a sentence?
- The attacks claimed the lives of five people.
- If no one claims the items, they will become Crown property.
- The court had denied their claims to asylum.
- He was dogged by the claim that he had CIA links.
- The Prime Minister claimed that he was concerned about Third World debt.
Meaning of Claims & Claims Definition