Civilian labor force

Civilian labor force,

Definition of Civilian labor force:

1. Persons in the U.S. that are at least 16 years of age and are not employed with any government or military institution. Both employed and unemployed individuals who are actively seeking work are included in the civilian labor force statistic.

2. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the civilian labor force is made up of two components. The first is civilian workers, a category that includes all private sector, state and local government workers.

3. The civilian labor force is a term used by the Bureau of Labor Statistics to refer to Americans whom it considers either employed or unemployed; military personnel, federal government employees, retirees, handicapped or discouraged workers, and agricultural workers are not part of the civilian labor force.

How to use Civilian labor force in a sentence?

1. The definition is considered misleading by some experts because it excludes discouraged and handicapped workers.
  2. The civilian labor force term is used to refer to employed or unemployed individuals, who are not active-duty military personnel, institutionalized individuals, agricultural workers, and federal government employees.
  3. You need to understand where things stand in the civilian labor force so that you can react to the changes.
  4. College graduates look to enter the civilian labor force to earn a living by getting a job in their chosen field of study.
  5. I was part of the civilian labor force because I was sixteen and unemployed, which made me feel some unity with everyone that was also a part of the group.

Meaning of Civilian labor force & Civilian labor force Definition