Regent Team / 500/2500 Series and Sport Series Tractors. Pulleys. Turn off the power take-off, the engine and apply the parking brake. Remove the key.
- Park the tractor on a level surface.
- Remove the cutting deck from the tractor.
- Remove the old belt and place the new belt on top.
- Kneel beside the left side of the Simplicity mower.
- Slide the idle lever toward the front of the rider to release the tension on the belt.
- Remove the belt from the pulley.
- Slide the new belt around the PTO shaft under the engine.
- Release the idle lever to tighten the new belt.
- Remove the cutting deck (see here how!)
- Use a wooden block to prevent the blade from rotating when loosening the lid.
- Remove the screw, spring washer and blade.
- Use a file to sharpen the blade flush.
- Check the blade for damage. Replace the blade if it is damaged.
- Place the lawn mower on a level surface.
- Pull the idle lever on the right side of the mower towards you to release tension on the tire belt.
- Remove the old belt from the center pulley, which is located in the center of the belt.
- Install the new belt in the reverse order that the old belt was removed.
To install the deck:
- Park the tractor on a hard surface.
- Switch off the PTO shaft.
- Set the mower in the lowest cutting position.
- Stop the engine and remove the key.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Turn the wheels all the way to the left.
- Lower the mower lever to the lower position.
Disassembly of the quick coupler lawnmower in 10 simple steps: Apply the parking brake. Lower the fixed lift. Stop the engine and remove the key. Depending on the model, loosen the lifting connection or the cable on each side of the cutting deck. Move the idle lever to release the belt tension. Remove the belt from the drive wheel.
The rear wheel drive belt connects the engine crankshaft to the transmission to drive the rear wheels. If the belt breaks, the tractor will not move. When the belt is worn, the rider will move slowly as the belt slides over the pulley.
How to tighten a lawn mower belt. Stop the mower engine and disconnect the spark plug lead as well. Find the mower main frame tube. Find the belt, also known as the drive belt, in the mower belt. Tighten the mower deck belt by shortening the position of the main frame in the clamps.
The blade drive belt connects the motorcycle to the mower pulleys and spins the blades. A worn frame does not spin the blades fast enough to cut the grass.
How to tighten the Poulan mower belt Roll the Poulan mower on a level surface. Raise the hood and use a wrench to remove the spark plug. Lower the bridge. Slide the idler pulley under the engine. Remove the housing screw on the tire. Slide the pulley onto the belt and pull it out.
When the blade drive belt on a Craftsman lawnmower wears out, it becomes loose and begins to slip. Over time, the leaves will not turn. The blade drive on Craftsman lawn mowers is not designed to be adjusted and there is no mechanism to adjust it.