Census

Census,

Definition of Census:

1. Statistics: Survey of an entire population, as opposed to a sample survey.

2. General: Official counting of a regions or nations people and compilation of economic, social and other data, usually for formulation of development policies and plans and demarcating constituencies for elections.

3. An official count or survey of a population, typically recording various details of individuals.

Synonyms of Census

Account, Accounting, Accounts, Agenda, Assemblage, Assembly, Beadroll, Body count, Cadastre, Calendar, Call-up, Canvass, Capitulation, Census report, Checklist, Checkroll, Code, Collection, Colligation, Collocation, Combination, Comparison, Composition, Concourse, Concurrence, Confluence, Conflux, Congregation, Constituents, Content, Contents, Convergence, Corralling, Count, Counting, Dactylonomy, Data-gathering, Digest, Divisions, Docket, Dramatis personae, Elements, Enumeration, Foliation, Gathering, Guts, Head count, Honor roll, Index, Ingathering, Ingredients, Innards, Insides, Inventory, Inventorying, Items, Junction, Jury list, Jury panel, Juxtaposition, Lineup, List, Measurement, Mobilization, Muster, Muster roll, Nose count, Numbering, Numeration, Order of business, Pagination, Part, Parts, Poll, Program, Property roll, Quantification, Quantization, Questionnaire, Recapitulation, Reckoning, Recount, Recounting, Rehearsal, Repertory, Returns, Rodeo, Roll, Roll call, Roster, Rota, Roundup, Scroll, Statement, Summary, Summation, Summing, Summing up, Survey, Table, Table of organization, Tallying, Tax roll, Telling, Whole, Poll, Review, Investigation, Inquiry, Study, Probe, Questionnaire, Opinion poll, Sampling, Census, Cross-examination, Quiz, Research

How to use Census in a sentence?

1. The census conducted in the year 2013 concluded that there exists far more single parent households than had been predicted by the government bureau.
  2. Ive been unsure as to which application will work best for one of my design projects. I do not have a lot of experience with the brands I need to use so I decided to go ahead and rely on a general census to decide on which is most used, performs best and shows reliability.
  3. Ive been unsure as to which application will work best for one of my design projects. I do not have a lot of experience with the brands I need to use so I decided to go ahead and rely on a general census to decide on which is most used, performs best and shows reliability.
  4. Population estimates extrapolated from the 1981 census.

Meaning of Census & Census Definition