Caveat

Caveat,

Definition of Caveat:

1. Formal notice or warning, usually as an entry into a court register, given by a concerned party to a court or judge to prevent some action (such as granting of a probate) being taken without prior notice to that party. Latin for, let him beware.

2. A warning or proviso of specific stipulations, conditions, or limitations.

Synonyms of Caveat

Admonishment, Admonition, Advice, Advising, Advocacy, Alarm, Bench warrant, Briefing, Capias, Caution, Cautioning, Consultation, Council, Counsel, Death warrant, Determent, Deterrence, Deterrent example, Direction, Example, Exhortation, Expostulation, Fieri facias, Final notice, Final warning, Forewarning, Frightening off, Guidance, Habere facias possessionem, Hint, Hortation, Idea, Injunction, Instruction, Interdict, Intimidation, Lesson, Mandamus, Mandate, Mandatory injunction, Mittimus, Monition, Moral, Nisi prius, Notice, Notification, Object lesson, Opinion, Parley, Precept, Process, Prohibitory injunction, Proposal, Recommendation, Remonstrance, Search warrant, Suggestion, Talking out of, Thought, Threat, Tip-off, Ultimatum, Verbum sapienti, Warning, Warning piece, Warrant, Warrant of arrest, Warrant of attorney, Writ, Warning, Caution, Admonition, Monition, Red flag, Alarm bells

How to use Caveat in a sentence?

1. There are a number of caveats which concern the validity of the assessment results.
  2. Joe was about to sign the contract, until he noticed the caveat at the bottom on the page which said that he would be personally liable for any deficits that might occur.
  3. My mother gave me permission to borrow her car with the caveat that I need to be home by ten oclock and am responsible for any damages.
  4. There was only one caveat to the deal, which was that in an event of a tie, neither of us gets a prize.

Meaning of Caveat & Caveat Definition