Definition of Case study:
Documented study of a specific real-life situation or imagined scenario, used as a training tool in business schools and firms. Students or trainees are required to analyze the prescribed cases and present their interpretations or solutions, supported by the line of reasoning employed and assumptions made.
A particular instance of something used or analyzed in order to illustrate a thesis or principle.
A process or record of research in which detailed consideration is given to the development of a particular person, group, or situation over a period of time.
Synonyms of Case study
Account, Accounts, Document, Documents, Documentation, Data, File, Files, Dossier, Dossiers, Information, Evidence, Report, Reports
How to use Case study in a sentence?
- The case study was undertaken over a period of two months through a series of visits to the school.
- The scientist concluded that there was a significant risk of cancer after exposure to asbestos after he conducted a thorough case study .
- The new lawyers hired at the law firm were expected to review a case study similar to the case they were assigned to learn how more experienced attorneys had handled like situations.
- Airline deregulation provides a case study of the effects of the internal market.
- We have decided to accept the new product into our inventory after carefully considering the case study the company presented as evidence.
Meaning of Case study & Case study Definition