The primary purpose of an engine tune-up is to restore and maintain the original vehicle service and efficiency. This is achieved by replacing parts, which due to their normal use wear out or lose their effectiveness in their operation, and through a detailed cleaning of some engine components.
Tuning your car will consume less gasoline, so the engine runs better, for less pollutant emissions and for a quick cold start, so tuning the car should be done on time. appropriate, depending on use and the number of hours and daily distances traveled.
What is a car tuning?
The tuning consists of changes of spark plugs, oil and gasoline filters, oil change and valve cleaning, all this gives a guarantee to extend the useful life of the engine, it also allows to obtain a good performance in gasoline consumption.
If the car is used daily, it is advisable to do the tuning every two months, but to ensure that the tuning is correct, it is worth going to an automotive specialist, unfortunately many mechanics perform this service without taking into account factors to achieve a good tuning.
Tips for a good tuning of the car
It is important to consider these points to know that the tuning has been done well, in this way it will be easy to avoid that they only charge for the service without it being worth it.
- Replacement of spark plugs: They should preferably be of good quality to guarantee their useful life and performance, they must be calibrated according to the needs of the car, some spark plugs are calibrated.
- Changing oil filters, air filters, and gasoline can especially help reduce gas consumption and give your engine power, so it feels light.
- Carburetor or injection system: Must be checked and adjusted.
- Oil: It must be of good quality and of specified viscosity. For new engines thin oil is ideal, for older engines thick oil can help reduce engine noise.
- Review and correction of basic ignition time.
- Check bands: Your car’s alternator, fan and cooling system all have bands as integral parts, those bands should be checked regularly and replaced if necessary. In the case of the cooling system, the hoses will need to be checked and replaced as necessary as well.
- Tires: Check the tires and adjust the air pressure. It is also recommended to rotate and balance the tires.
- Brakes and Fuel Lines: Your car’s fuel and braking system should be inspected for use.
- Engine analysis: The mechanic should do a complete analysis of the performance of your engine and also of the automobile’s computerized system, if applicable.
If done properly and in the corresponding periods, vehicle failures will surely be minor. The engines require a tune-up every 6 month to keep them in good condition. It is recommended to perform a tune-up service every 10,000 or 15,000 km, depending on the use that is given to the vehicle.
Keeping the car in top condition for as long as possible will result in less time, money and effort being spent on extending the life of the car.