Can I Keep My Parents Address On My Driving Licence

If I provide my family address instead of my current residence, is my UK driver's license invalid? 3

There is a penalty if you have an expired driving license. What if the address on the license does not match where you currently live? I prefer to leave my parents' address as the address, although I no longer live there because my annual move is unlikely to change that. I can easily access everything published at this address. Can an incorrect address on my driver's license affect my insurance?

What if the address on the license does not match where you currently live?

That's a fine of £ 1,000.

I can easily access everything published at this address.

It's completely and utterly irrelevant.

For D.V.L.A and your insurance company it matters where you live, not where you collect your mail.

Can an incorrect address on my driver's license affect my insurance?

Yes sir. This means that your insurance is incorrect.

Driving without proper insurance can result in a fine of up to £ 5,000, 68 penalty points on your driver's license and no discretion. Your car can be confiscated and even ransacked.

Or

By law, you must keep your home address current.

The problem is with insurance, if you live in an area that is at high risk of car theft and burglary, check to see if they can find your parents' address as shown. That's where your car is parked, so they can cancel the insurance and / or invalidate it. Costs.

If you can leave your parent's address as an address, you will be asked somewhere else in the insurance application whether to keep it at that address or elsewhere. If you enter your current address / details, your car will be protected in case something happens.

Andy C.

Yes sir. If the insurer decides that you do not live at the address where the license or insurance was reported, or both, it is negligence and material fraud. They review licenses when they sing with new companies and always review when claims are made.

From next year, they will have direct access to the DVLA database and will be required to provide a driver number. They will then verify your address, age, location, etc. As you say

There is no point in lying to the insurance company, it is worth lying because it almost always ends in tears.

It is a crime not to include your correct address on your UK driver's license.

This does not invalidate your license. However, even if your address on the insurance certificate is incorrect, it will affect or even invalidate your insurance.

One year of residence is considered a permanent address, so you need to update it all the time.

It depends on your age, but if you have a diploma and a driver's license, it can affect your parents' insurance. Your address is correct as long as you receive your email there. I've never had a problem doing that. I have been using my parents' addresses for many years, because I move often and I have to constantly change my SIM.