Can Guinea Pigs Eat Carrots

Can guinea pigs eat canned carrots?

Your guinea pig doesn't know anything that is not naturally formed. This means anything that contains preservatives, salts, artificial colors and flavors. Canned foods contain a lot of preservatives to keep them from spoiling, and while it's not so bad for humans, it's bad for guinea pigs.

Feed her only fresh vegetables, except for dense fodder and Timothy grass. And since he had just eaten a week ago, don't invite him yet. Let it sit for about a week as it will be very stressful at this time and you will not be able to digest the new food properly.

Can guinea pigs eat canned carrots? 3

I have a guinea pig, I bought it less than a week ago. Less than 3 years.

I was wondering if I could eat canned carrots. I'm not sure so I'm asking you for help.

Your guinea pig does not know anything that is not naturally formed. This means anything that contains preservatives, salts, artificial colors and flavors. Canned foods contain a lot of preservatives to prevent them from spoiling, and although not so bad for humans, they are bad for guinea pigs.

Feed him only fresh vegetables, except coarse fodder and Timothy grass. And since he only ate a week ago, don't invite him yet. Let it sit for about a week as it will be very stressful at this time and you will not be able to digest the new food properly.

Yes, I have 3 guinea pigs and they like to eat carrots.

No canned, cooked, frozen, frozen dry or pickled.

Check out these sites, they are amazing for information about guinea pigs.