C2h5 Lewis Structure

C2h5 Lewis Structure

Can you help me with this Lewis structure: + C2H5? 3

So far I have found that the compound will have 12 electrons of valence 2 (8) +5 (1), minus 1 charge.

2 (8) +5 (2) = 26 Valences must be electrons.

This means that 2612 = 14 electrons must be bound.

This means that there should be 14/2 = 7 links

So i pull

HH

| . . . |

C = CH

| . . . |

HH

It has 7 bonds, but C on the right has an extra electron which I don't think is possible and the charge should be +1. What did i do wrong

Thanks in advance.

update

By the way, I'm talking about 26 byte electrons on the second line, just a typo.

Mary, she was squeezing hard, but she couldn't understand what she was doing wrong. Was my calculation wrong? I say there should be 7 bonds because there are 14 inbound electrons, and since hydrogen can only bond once, I don't know where to put the other bonds.

Go with the VSEPR framework and think about Valence later. Think of it as carbocation + CH2 (CH3). There are four more valences in C with charge + ve, three are used to form two C: H bonds and one C: H bond is left for charge and therefore there are no isolated pairs. A triangular system with AX3 level sp 2 pz AO blank. It has six valences. H3CCH2 C has a typical tetrahedron sp 3 bond.

Simple carbine ion or carbocation

The structure contains pentavalent C which never occurs.

Lewis Structure C2h5

This page can help you.

D:

Can you help me with this Lewis structure: + C2H5?

So far I have found that the compound will have 12 electrons of valence 2 (8) +5 (1), minus 1 for charge.

2 (8) +5 (2) = 26 Valences must be electrons.

This means that 2612 = 14 electrons must be bound.

This means that there should be 14/2 = 7 links

So i pull

HH

| . . . ...

Carbon can only form four bonds. Your real money is five.

C2h5 Lewis Structure