Definition of Business unit:
A building (typically one of a number of similar buildings) or a self-contained section of a building intended for use as business premises.
Another term for strategic business unit.
A logical element or segment of a company (such as accounting, production, marketing) representing a specific business function, and a definite place on the organizational chart, under the domain of a manager. Also called department, division, or a functional area.
Synonyms of Business unit
Factory, Plant, Manufacturing complex, Mill, Foundry, Yard, Industrial unit, Business unit
How to use Business unit in a sentence?
- He is responsible for a business unit with a $4million turnover and 20 reports.
- You should try to always be a strong business unit so that you can always count on everyone in your work place.
- Approximately 214,000 residential units and 30,000 business units sustained structural damage in the earthquake.
- The companys new CEO admitted yesterday that the business unit that is in dire need of reform and renovation is accounting.
- They were one business unit short, so the manager decided to get that going while everyone else adjusted to their new roles.
Meaning of Business unit & Business unit Definition