Definition of Business-to-business (B2B):
Business-to-business transactions are common in a typical supply chain, as companies purchase components and products such as other raw materials for use in the manufacturing processes. Finished products can then be sold to individuals via business-to-consumer transactions.
Trading between firms (and not between businesses and consumers), characterized by (1) relatively large volumes, (2) competitive and stable prices, (3) fast delivery times and, often, (4) on deferred payment basis. In general, wholesaling is B2B and retailing is B2C.
Business-to-business (B2B), also called B-to-B, is a form of transaction between businesses, such as one involving a manufacturer and wholesaler, or a wholesaler and a retailer. Business-to-business refers to business that is conducted between companies, rather than between a company and individual consumer. Business-to-business stands in contrast to business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-government (B2G) transactions.
How to use Business-to-business (B2B) in a sentence?
- You should try to have good business-to-business contact with any other company that you will be working with closely over time.
- Business-to-business (B2B) is a transaction or business conducted between one business and another, such as a wholesaler and retailer.
- The business-to-business trading system that was in place, seemed to work for the betterment of each company involved and that was nice.
- B2B transactions are also commonplace for auto industry companies, as well as property management, housekeeping, and industrial cleanup companies.
- You need to make sure that you have a good business-to-business relationship with any company you will be working with long term.
- Meanwhile, business-to-consumer transactions (B2C) are those made between a company and individual consumers.
- B2B transactions tend to happen in the supply chain, where one company will purchase raw materials from another to be used in the manufacturing process.
Meaning of Business-to-business (B2B) & Business-to-business (B2B) Definition