Definition of Bunker:
A hollow filled with sand, used as an obstacle on a golf course.
A reinforced underground shelter, typically for use in wartime.
Fuel (a ship).
(of a player) have ones ball lodged in a bunker.
Compartment (placed usually on the side and/or bottom) in which a ships fuel (coal or oil) is stored onboard. Also, quantity of the fuel stored onboard.
A large container or compartment for storing fuel.
Take refuge in a bunker or other shelter.
Synonyms of Bunker
Abri, Acropolis, Air-raid shelter, Antre, Approach trench, Archives, Armory, Arsenal, Attic, Bank, Basement, Bastion, Bay, Beachhead, Bin, Blockhouse, Bomb shelter, Bombproof, Bonded warehouse, Bookcase, Box, Bridgehead, Burrow, Buttery, Cargo dock, Castle, Cave, Cavern, Cellar, Cellarage, Chest, Citadel, Closet, Coal bin, Communication trench, Concealment, Conservatory, Control center, Countermine, Coupure, Cove, Cover, Covert, Coverture, Crate, Crib, Cupboard, Cyclone cellar, Depository, Depot, Ditch, Dock, Donjon, Double sap, Drawer, Dugout, Dump, Earth, Entrenchment, Exchequer, Fallout shelter, Fasthold, Fastness, Fire trench, Flying sap, Fort, Fortified tunnel, Fortress, Fosse, Foxhole, Funk hole, Gallery, Garrison, Garrison house, Glory hole, Godown, Grot, Grotto, Hold, Hole, Hutch, Impact area, Keep, Lair, Library, Locker, Lumber room, Lumberyard, Magasin, Magazine, Martello, Martello tower, Mine, Moat, Mote, Motte, Parallel, Peel, Peel tower, Pillbox, Post, Potato cellar, Proving ground, Rack, Radar tracking station, Rath, Repertory, Repository, Reservoir, Rick, Safehold, Safety zone, Sap, Sewer, Shelf, Shelter, Slit trench, Stack, Stack room, Stock room, Storage, Store, Storehouse, Storeroom, Storm cave, Storm cellar, Strong point, Stronghold, Subbasement, Subterrane, Subway, Supply base, Supply depot, Tank, Tower, Tower of strength, Tracking station, Treasure house, Treasure room, Treasury, Trench, Tunnel, Vat, Vault, Ward, Warehouse, Warren, Wine cellar, Manger, Stall, Trough, Feeding trough, Bin, Box, Rack, Fodder rack, Bunker
How to use Bunker in a sentence?
- I was stationed at a bunker and it made me sad because I hated staying in a room with other men.
- The boat was fully provisioned and bunkered with fuel, food and water as per normal for a fishing trip which might last up to ten days.
- A coal bunker.
- The bunker was available for a possible location to store some excess supplies for the boats unusually long ocean journey.
- He was bunkered at the fifth hole.
- Major islands in the group remain heavily fortified with most soldiers hiding in underground concrete bunkers that snake for miles underneath the surface.
- Sand bunkers are a growing concern for golf course superintendents, right along with the conditions of greens.
- You may want to bunker up and really tackle a project head on if it is that important to your business.
- His family had bunkered down inside their home.
Meaning of Bunker & Bunker Definition