Definition of Breakdown:
A failure of a relationship or system.
Orderly listing of items or quantities, according to their categories, classes, levels, etc., to facilitate their analysis.
A mechanical failure.
The chemical or physical decomposition of something.
A lively, energetic American country dance.
A breakdown can be identified by traders using technical tools such as moving averages, trendlines and chart patterns. Traders can draw trendlines on a chart that connect several swing lows to find areas where prices may be susceptible to breaking down. Heavy volume should accompany a breakdown below key support levels, which shows participation in the move lower.
A breakdown is a downward move in a security's price, usually through an identified level of support, that portends further declines. A breakdown commonly occurs on heavy volume and the subsequent move lower tends to be quick in duration and severe in magnitude.
Synonyms of Breakdown
Failure, Collapse, Disintegration, Foundering, Falling through, Separation, Division, Breakdown, Break-up, Analysis, Analyzation, Anatomizing, Anatomy, Assay, Assaying, Bankruptcy, Bloodless revolution, Bouleversement, Breakage, Breaking down, Breaking up, Breakup, Cataclysm, Catastrophe, Cave, Cave-in, Circulatory collapse, Classification, Clean slate, Clean sweep, Collapse, Comedown, Computer revolution, Convulsion, Counterrevolution, Crack-up, Crackup, Crash, Crippling, Cropper, Damage, Debacle, Decomposition, Deflation, Destruction, Detailing, Detriment, Diaeresis, Dilapidation, Disablement, Disaster, Disrepair, Dissection, Distillation, Division, Docimasy, Downfall, Draining, Encroachment, Exhaustedness, Exhaustion, Failure, Fall, Foundering, Fractionation, Gravimetric analysis, Harm, Hobbling, Hurt, Hurting, Impairment, Incapacitation, Infringement, Injury, Inroad, Itemization, Loss, Maiming, Mayhem, Mischief, Mutilation, Nervous breakdown, Nervous exhaustion, Nervous prostration, Neurasthenia, Nose dive, Overthrow, Overturn, Palace revolution, Pratfall, Prostration, Proximate analysis, Quantitative analysis, Radical change, Reduction to elements, Resolution, Review, Revolt, Revolution, Revolutionary war, Revulsion, Ruin, Ruination, Ruinousness, Run-down, Sabotage, Scathe, Segmentation, Semimicroanalysis, Separation, Shipwreck, Sickening, Smash, Smashup, Spasm, Spoiling, Striking alteration, Stumble, Subdivision, Subversion, Sweeping change, Tabula rasa, Tailspin, Technological revolution, Total change, Total loss, Transilience, Tumble, Upset, Violent change, Washout, Weakening, Wrack, Wreck, Malfunction, Failure, Seizing up
How to use Breakdown in a sentence?
- A breakdown is a downward move in a security's price, usually through an identified level of support, that portends further declines.
- The breakdown of the business deal was explained to the new partner and he was pleased with everything so we went forward.
- The breakdown of ammonia to nitrites.
- A breakdown can be identified by traders using technical tools such as moving averages, trendlines, and chart patterns.
- A breakdown in military discipline.
- A breakdown commonly occurs on heavy volume and the subsequent move lower tends to be quick in duration and severe in magnitude.
- A complex and thorough breakdown of your companies past quarter can help you to figure out what to do in the next,.
- Breakdowns could totally disrupt production.
- The accountants provided the manager of the company with a breakdown of all of the expenses to be charged for the month.
Meaning of Breakdown & Breakdown Definition