Booting

Booting,

Definition of Booting:

1. A sturdy item of footwear covering the foot and ankle, and sometimes also the lower leg.

2. Start (a computer) and put it into a state of readiness for operation.

3. Restarting a computer or its operating system software. It is of two types (1) Cold booting: when the computer is started after having been switched off. (2) Warm booting: when the operating system alone is restarted (without being switched off) after a system crash or freeze. Both types of booting clear out (for the time being) the bugs, bombs, memory conflicts, and other idiosyncrasies of the operating system.

4. The process of starting a computer and putting it into a state of readiness for operation.

5. Place a wheel clamp on (an illegally parked car).

6. An enclosed space at the back of a car for carrying luggage or other goods.

7. A hard kick.

8. Kick (something) hard in a specified direction.

Synonyms of Booting

Start up, Fire up, Prepare, Ready, Make ready, Kick, Punt, Bunt, Strike with the foot, Tap, Gumboot, Wellington, Wader, Walking boot, Riding boot, Field boot, Jackboot, Thigh boot, Half-boot, Ankle boot, Pixie boot, Chelsea boot, Balmoral, Desert boot, Moon boot, Snow boot, Kick, Blow, Knock

How to use Booting in a sentence?

1. He began booting the computers for each of the thirty employees before they arrived at the call centre to begin work.
  2. He ended up booting the ball into the stand.
  3. You may need to try booting your computer from time to time if it is working slowly or is crashing.
  4. The menu will be ready as soon as you boot up your computer.
  5. The boot space takes the luggage of a family of four, excluding quad bikes.
  6. Once a car is booted, the owner must pay all fines plus a fee to have the boot removed.
  7. A pair of walking boots.
  8. A boot disk.
  9. While my computer is booting up, I like to work on manual task since it can take a few minutes, although Ive never understood why the booting process takes so long, since its just my computer starting up.

Meaning of Booting & Booting Definition