Definition of Blotter:
A sheet or pad of blotting paper inserted into a frame and kept on a desk.
A record of transactions covering a specific time period for a financial institution. The blotter can show specific details about the transaction, such as price, time and volume, as well as the type of transaction (buy, sell, etc.). A blotter is a type of paper used to absorb excess ink from a fountain pen, and refers to a time period in which transactions were all recorded by hand.
The purpose of a trade blotter is to carefully document trades so that they can be reviewed and confirmed by a trader or brokerage firm. The blotter is used in the stock market, foreign exchange market, and the bond market. It can be customized based on the needs of the user. A trade blotter is also used in the options and commodity market.
A blotter is a record of trades and the details of the trades made over a period of time (usually one trading day). The details of a trade will include such things as the time, price, order size, and a specification of whether it was a buy or sell order. The blotter is usually created through a trading software program that records the trades made through a data feed.
A temporary recording book, especially a police charge sheet.
Synonyms of Blotter
Domesday Book, Absorbency, Absorbent, Absorption, Account book, Address book, Adsorbent, Adsorption, Adversaria, Album, Annual, Appointment calendar, Appointment schedule, Assimilation, Blankbook, Bloat, Blotting, Blotting paper, Boozehound, Boozer, Calendar, Cashbook, Catalog, Chemisorption, Chemosorption, Classified catalog, Commonplace book, Court calendar, Daybook, Desk calendar, Diary, Digestion, Diptych, Docket, Drunk, Endosmosis, Engagement book, Engrossment, Exosmosis, Guzzler, Inebriate, Infiltration, Journal, Ledger, Log, Logbook, Loose-leaf notebook, Lush, Memo book, Memorandum book, Memory book, Notebook, Osmosis, Pad, Percolation, Petty cashbook, Pocket notebook, Pocketbook, Police blotter, Scrapbook, Scratch pad, Seepage, Sorption, Spiral notebook, Sponge, Sponging, Table, Tablet, Triptych, Workbook, Writing tablet, Yearbook
How to use Blotter in a sentence?
- The boys ended up on police blotters for property crimes.
- A blotter is record of trade details and is usually created through a trading software program.
- Miss Pennywrinkle, always erring on the side of competence, brought the two previous months blotter s to the meeting as well.
- The business was small, so instead of computers, the book keepers use a blotter to keep track of profit and inventory.
- You need to keep a good blotter so that you can always go back and see how a deal actually got to closing.
- I love office supplies; post-its, pens, notebooks, notepads, desk blotters, desks, desk chairs, highlighters… they all call out to me in a strange way.
- It can be used for a variety of purposes. Traders use it evaluate and analyze their trading positions at the end of a day while regulatory agencies like the SEC use it to detect cases of illegal trading.
Meaning of Blotter & Blotter Definition