Definition of Batch processing:
While batch processing can be carried out at any time, it is particularly suited to end-of-cycle processing, such as for processing a bank's reports at the end of a day or generating monthly or biweekly payrolls.
Batch processing is the processing of transactions in a group or batch. No user interaction is required once batch processing is underway. This differentiates batch processing from transaction processing, which involves processing transactions one at a time and requires user interaction.
Non-continuous (non-real time) processing of data, instructions, or materials. In data transmission, batch processing is used for very large files or where a fast response time is not critical. The files to be transmitted are gathered over a period and then send together as a batch.
How to use Batch processing in a sentence?
- Batch processing systems can save money and labor over time, but they may be costly to design and implement up-front.
- You should have a special group for batch processing to get all of the important projects you need done quickly accomplished.
- You may want to have a good batch processing team on your side that can get you what you need very quickly.
- Batch processing is a technique for automating and processing multiple transactions as a single group.
- The batch processing was useful due to the homogeneous and project based nature of our business as this was the best processing method.
- Batch processing helps in handling tasks like payroll, end-of-month reconciliation, or settling trades overnight.
Meaning of Batch processing & Batch processing Definition