Definition of Basket:
A container used to hold or carry things, typically made from interwoven strips of cane or wire.
A group of stocks or products traded or tracked as one unit. See Basket Order; Consumer Price Index (CPI); Equity Linked Note; European Currency Unit (ECU); Exchange Traded Fund (ETF); Folio; HOLDRS; Personal Consumption Expenditures (PCE).
Anyone can create a basket of securities, which is multiple positions with a similar theme. Basket orders—orders that execute multiple trades at the same time—are also available through most online brokers.
A net fixed on a hoop used as the goal.
A basket is a collection of multiple stocks or other securities which have a similar theme. Basket orders execute multiple trades simultaneously. Basket orders require a program which executes all the trades at once. Because of the program element, baskets are commonly part of autotrading or program trading strategies and are used by institutional traders, hedge funds, mutual funds, and exchange-traded funds (ETFs) to quickly and effectively (as possible) alter their portfolio allocations. Most retail brokers also allow an individual to create baskets and basket orders.
A dollar amount set forth by the seller in the indemnification provision for any losses suffered by the buyer.
Synonyms of Basket
Bag, Ballocks, Balls, Barrel, Bassinet, Beard, Bottle, Box, Box up, Breadbasket, Breasts, Bushel, Can, Capsule, Carton, Case, Cask, Cervix, Clitoris, Clothesbasket, Cod, Cods, Crane, Crate, Creel, Cullions, Encase, Encyst, Family jewels, Female organs, Frail, Fruit basket, Genitalia, Genitals, Gonads, Hamper, Jar, Labia, Labia majora, Labia minora, Lingam, Lips, Male organs, Meat, Nuts, Nymphae, Ovary, Pack, Package, Pannier, Parcel, Penis, Phallus, Picnic basket, Pot, Private parts, Privates, Privy parts, Pubic hair, Pudenda, Punnet, Reed basket, Reproductive organs, Rocks, Rush basket, Sack, Scrotum, Secondary sex characteristic, Sewing basket, Sex organs, Spermary, Tank, Testes, Testicles, Tin, Trug, Uterus, Vagina, Vulva, Wastebasket, Wastepaper basket, Wicker basket, Wire basket, Womb, Wooden basket, Yoni, Receptacle, Container, Holder, Vessel, Box, Case
How to use Basket in a sentence?
- As it relates to program trading, the NYSE defines a basket as 15 or more securities traded simultaneously, worth $1 million or more.
- A laundry basket.
- Most brokers provide basket orders to retail traders, and anyone can hold a basket of securities.
- A basket of securities is multiple positions related to a central theme, such as meeting certain criteria, adhering to a certain strategy, or being part of a sector or industry group.
- Put two good rebounders close to the basket and designate one player to box out the shooter.
- A basket order is simultaneously buying or selling multiple securities.
Meaning of Basket & Basket Definition