Definition of Barrel (bbl):
A tube forming part of an object such as a gun or a pen.
Unit of weight for cement, equal to 376 pounds (170.4 kilograms) or four US bags.
The belly and loins of a four-legged animal such as a horse.
A cylindrical container bulging out in the middle, traditionally made of wooden staves with metal hoops round them.
Unit of volume for crude oil and petroleum products. One barrel equals 42 US gallons or 35 UK (imperial) gallons, or approximately 159 liters or 9,702 cubic inches (5.6 cubic feet); 6.29 barrels equal one cubic meter and (on average) 7.33 barrels weigh one metric ton (1000 kilograms). One barrel of crude equals 5604 cubic-feet of natural gas, 1.45 barrels of liquefied natural gas (LNG), or about one barrel of gas oil.
Unit of volume for alcohol, equal to 189 liters (49.9 US gallons or 41.5 UK gallons).
Put into a barrel or barrels.
Drive or move in a way that is so fast as to almost be out of control.
Synonyms of Barrel (bbl)
Hurry, Race, Run, Sprint, Dash, Bolt, Dart, Rush, Hasten, Hurtle, Career, Streak, Shoot, Whizz, Zoom, Go like lightning, Go hell for leather, Spank along, Bowl along, Rattle along, Whirl, Whoosh, Buzz, Swoop, Flash, Blast, Charge, Stampede, Gallop, Sweep, Hare, Fly, Wing, Scurry, Scud, Scutter, Scramble, Cask, Keg, Butt, Vat, Tun, Tub, Drum, Tank, Firkin, Hogshead, Kilderkin, Pin, Pipe, Barrique
How to use Barrel (bbl) in a sentence?
- Many people are concerned with the current and potential future costs of a barrel of gasoline, if the price gets too high the average worker will be adversely affected.
- We loaded a barrel into the back of the car and brought it home with us, to see if it would work for the film.
- A gun barrel.
- The wine is then matured in old barrels.
- When the young spirit is barrelled, it absorbs some of this flavour.
- A Welsh mountain pony with a barrel like a butt of wine.
- The price per barrel was steadily decreasing which had widespread effects on the resource availability and demand in the region.
Meaning of Barrel (bbl) & Barrel (bbl) Definition