Baptism by fire

Baptism by fire,

Definition of Baptism by fire:

1. Baptism by fire is a phrase commonly used to describe a person or employee who is learning something the hard way through a challenge or difficulty. In many cases, someone who starts a new job must undergo a baptism by fire, meaning they must immediately deal with one or more difficult situations. No one is immune to a baptism of fire, which means new and old employees, members of a company's management team and others can experience one. The phrase, which has its roots in the Bible, originated in Europe.

2. As mentioned above, the phrase baptism by fire is rooted in the Bible's Matthew 3:11. The following passage is from the New Revised Standard Version of the Bible: "I baptize you with water for repentance, but one who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.".

3. A major event that may determine the success or failure of a company or an individual, particularly a new company or an individual who has recently taken on a new position in a company. Examples include an initial public offering (IPO) or a crisis that must be managed by a new CEO.

How to use Baptism by fire in a sentence?

1. Nw employees are often trained through baptisms by fire because they have to deal with complicated, real-life situations sooner rather than later.
  2. Baptism by fire commonly describes a person or employee who is learning something the hard way through a challenge or difficulty.
  3. Rooted in the Bible, the phrase was originated in Europe.

Meaning of Baptism by fire & Baptism by fire Definition