Definition of Audience:
A formal interview with a person in authority.
Total number of readers, listeners, or viewers reached by a particular advertising medium.
People or market segment at whom an advertising message or campaign is aimed.
The assembled spectators or listeners at a public event, such as a play, movie, concert, or meeting.
Synonyms of Audience
Spectators, Listeners, Viewers, Onlookers, Concertgoers, Theatregoers, Patrons, Meeting, Consultation, Conference, Hearing, Reception, Interview, Question and answer session, Exchange, Dialogue, Discussion, Accepter, Acquirer, Addressee, Aficionado, Attender, Attention, Audition, Auditor, Auditory, Bargaining, Bargaining session, Beholder, Buff, Bugging, Claqueur, Clientage, Clientele, Conclave, Confab, Confabulation, Conference, Confrontation, Congregation, Congress, Consideration, Consignee, Consultation, Convention, Council, Council fire, Council of war, Deadhead, Discussion, Ear, Eavesdropping, Electronic surveillance, Exchange of views, Eyeball-to-eyeball encounter, Fan, Favorable attention, Frequenter, Gallery, Getter, Groundling, Habitue, Haunter, Hearer, Hearing, High-level talk, Hired applauder, Holder, House, Huddle, Interchange of views, Interview, Listener, Listening, Listening in, Looker, Meeting, Moviegoer, Negotiations, News conference, Obtainer, Orchestra, Palaver, Parley, Pass holder, Patron, Payee, Pit, Playgoer, Pourparler, Powwow, Press conference, Procurer, Public, Receiver, Recipient, Seance, Session, Sitting, Spectator, Standee, Summit, Summit conference, Summitry, Taker, Theater, Theatergoer, Trustee, Tryout, Viewer, Visitor, Wiretapping, Meeting, Discussion, Conference, Question and answer session, Examination, Evaluation, Interrogation
How to use Audience in a sentence?
- It is vital to know your audience when giving a speech because oftentimes it is helpful to direct the key word choice and language to fit the target group.
- You should always know your audience before you give a presentation so you can tailor make it for what they want.
- The orchestra was given an enthusiastic ovation from the audience.
- When I went to the theater this past week, I was part of the audience , which was strange cause I am usually the one on stage.
- He demanded an audience with the Pope.
Meaning of Audience & Audience Definition