When that happens, the rear wiper keeps spinning until you know if this is where you end up and ask how to turn it off. The normal behavior of the rear wiper when turned on is to wipe every four (4) seconds.
- Step 1: Turn on the wiper.
- Step 2: Turn off the wiper.
- Step 3: Drag the action to Save.
Step 1 - Remove the wiper arm (0:45)
- Use a flat blade screwdriver to pry the trim cover off the wiper arm.
- Remove the 16mm screw from the wiper arms.
- Push and pull the wiper arm to release it.
- If the wiper arm is stuck, turn the key in and out until the wiper arms are vertical.
- Remove the wiper arm with a jaw puller.
- Step 1: Remove the plastic cover. Remove the plastic cover from the bottom of the arm where it connects to the car.
- Step 2: Remove the nut from the arm. The wiper arm is held in place by a 13mm nut.
- Step 3: Remove the wiper arm. Remove the wiper arm.
- Step 4: Install a new arm. Install the new arm, then tighten the 13mm nut.
- Raise the rear wiper arm until it snaps out.
- Remove the wiper blade by turning it at a right angle to the wiper arm.
- Slide the new blade into the wiper arm and make sure it clicks into place.
- Carefully pull the wiper arm back towards the rear window.
The average cost to replace a wiper arm is between 147 and 157. Labor is estimated at 35 and 45, while parts are priced at $ 112.
Normally, in an upright position, the wipers are folded into place by a small metal tab where the wiper gear must engage. The wiper gear can be accessed by removing the foam strip and plastic cover from under the windshield.
At Halfords, our range of wiper arms, wiper motors and washer fluid includes everything you need to repair or replace your car’s windshield wipers. We also manufacture replacement panels.
There is usually a nut or screw at the bottom of the wiper arm that can be loosened to remove it from the elbow. In the case of the Dodges, however, they are doing something similar. If you don’t see a rivet or screw, lift the wiper arm and rotate the bottom of the arm until it comes out of the elbow.
Our OEM wiper blades and aftermarket parts range from 2.40 to 59.99 for the Audi A4.