Associate's degree

Associates degree,

Definition of Associates degree:

1. Two-year college degree from a community college, university, college, or career school. Associates degrees are normally earned with about sixty college credits, including general education courses, electives, and courses required toward a specific college major. Most associates degrees are awarded in business, health, engineering, information technology or early childhood education, and may include an Associate of the Arts degree, Associate of Science degree, or an Associate of Applied Science degree. The recipient of an associates degree can then transfer the credits toward a four year, bachelors degree program.

How to use Associates degree in a sentence?

1. Martha was proud to receive her Associates Degree in Cosmetology after two years of taking classes at her local community college.
  2. The applicant had earned an associates degree in computer science so we knew he had some understanding of our current systems.
  3. I was glad that I worked hard and finally attained my associates degree because it meant I could get a really good job now.

Meaning of Associates degree & Associates degree Definition