Definition of Artifact:
Something observed in a scientific investigation or experiment that is not naturally present but occurs as a result of the preparative or investigative procedure.
Hand-made object, or other result of human activity such as a design or document.
Erroneous or extraneous data introduced either by the methodology used in data collection or by the process (such as scanning) used in data capture.
An object made by a human being, typically an item of cultural or historical interest.
Synonyms of Artifact
Affair, Ancient manuscript, Antique, Antiquity, Archaism, Article, Brainchild, Cave painting, Child, Coinage, Composition, Concoction, Creation, Creature, Crowning achievement, Dingus, Distillation, Dofunny, Dohickey, Dojigger, Dojiggy, Domajig, Domajigger, Doodad, Dowhacky, Effect, End product, Eolith, Eppes, Essence, Etwas, Extract, Flumadiddle, Fossil, Fruit, Gadget, Gigamaree, Gimmick, Gizmo, Handiwork, Hickey, Hootenanny, Hootmalalie, Invention, Issue, Jigger, Manufacture, Masterpiece, Masterwork, Material thing, Mezzolith, Microlith, Mintage, Neolith, New mintage, Object, Offspring, Opera, Opus, Opuscule, Origination, Outcome, Outgrowth, Paleolith, Petrification, Petrified forest, Petrified wood, Petroglyph, Plateaulith, Product, Production, Quelque chose, Relic, Reliquiae, Remains, Result, Ruin, Ruins, Something, Survival, Thing, Thingum, Thingumabob, Thingumadad, Thingumadoodle, Thingumajig, Thingumajigger, Thingumaree, Thingummy, Vestige, Whatchy, Widget, Work, Artefact, Historical object, Ancient object, Antiquity, Antique, Heirloom, Object of virtu, Curio
How to use Artifact in a sentence?
- Widespread tissue infection may be a technical artifact.
- The science museum has many interesting artifact s including dinosaur bones, a cavemans skull, and a model of an early phonograph.
- Archaeologists are very careful when digging up artifact s from past cultures so they can be preserved, studied and displayed in museums.
- When Ken bought a dresser at a yard sale, he thought he was just buying a piece of furniture, but after he had it appraised he found out it was an artifact .
- Gold and silver artifacts.
Meaning of Artifact & Artifact Definition