Definition of Aptitude test:
An aptitude test is an exam used to determine an individual's propensity to succeed in a given activity. Aptitude tests assume that individuals have inherent strengths and weaknesses, and have a natural inclination toward success or failure in specific areas based on their innate characteristics. An aptitude test does not test knowledge; it is not a test for which a person can study.
An aptitude test may be taken by individuals to determine the kinds of careers that are a good match for their skills and interests. Similarly, high school students may take an aptitude test when thinking about what would be an appropriate college major or whether college is the best choice for them.
A test designed to determine a persons ability in a particular skill or field of knowledge.
Employee selection test (such as an IQ test) in which the candidates innate abilities and potential for achievement (and not his or her knowledge) is ascertained.
How to use Aptitude test in a sentence?
- In the work world, human resources departments at some companies will use career assessment tests to learn about a potential candidate's strengths and weaknesses.
- An aptitude test is used to determine an individual's skill or ability, assessing how they perform in an area in which they have no prior training or knowledge.
- We conducted an aptitude test on the applicant to determine their ability to cognize and utilize strategy in proceeding complex situations.
- I wanted to know what I would be good at for a living, so I decided to take an aptitude test to see what my score would be.
- Giving your prospective employees an aptitude test will let you know if they have what it takes to handle the job.
- Schools use aptitude tests to determine if students are inclined toward advanced placement classes or certain areas of study, like engineering or a foreign language.
- Those reaching a specified minimum points standard would sit an aptitude test in order to determine suitability to become a doctor.
Meaning of Aptitude test & Aptitude test Definition