Definition of Appurtenance:
Appurtenance is usually applicable to property rights or items that are permanent and are passed along with the sale of the property. An appurtenance is a real property, which has been defined as being immovable or fixed to the land. In this case, appurtenances relate to the land.
Anything attached to a piece of land or building such that it becomes a part of that property, and is passed on to a new owner when the property is sold. It may be something tangible like a garage, septic system, water tank, or something abstract such as an easement or right of way.
Appurtenance is a legal term denoting the attachment of a right or property to a more worthy principal. Appurtenance occurs when the attachment becomes part of the property such as a furnace or air conditioning unit. Appurtenance can also be an object or privilege associated with status, title, or affluence.
Synonyms of Appurtenance
Accession, Accessory, Accident, Accidental, Accommodation, Accompaniment, Addenda, Addendum, Additament, Addition, Additive, Additory, Additum, Adjunct, Adjuvant, Advantage, Amenity, Annex, Annexation, Appanage, Appendage, Appendant, Appendix, Appliance, Appointment, Appurtenant, Aspect, Attachment, Augment, Augmentation, Authority, Auxiliary, Birthright, Circumstance, Claim, Coda, Collateral, Complement, Component, Concomitant, Conjugal right, Constituent, Contents, Contingency, Contingent, Continuation, Convenience, Corollary, Demand, Detail, Divine right, Droit, Due, Element, Equipment, Extension, Extra, Extrapolation, Facility, Factor, Faculty, Feature, Fixings, Fixture, Furnishings, Furniture, Happenstance, Inalienable right, Incidental, Increase, Increment, Inessential, Ingredient, Integrant, Interest, Item, Makings, Mere chance, Natural right, Nonessential, Not-self, Offshoot, Other, Part, Part and parcel, Pendant, Power, Prerogative, Prescription, Presumptive right, Pretense, Pretension, Proper claim, Property right, Reinforcement, Right, Secondary, Side effect, Side issue, Specialty, Subsidiary, Superaddition, Supplement, Tailpiece, Title, Undergirding, Unessential, Vested interest, Vested right
How to use Appurtenance in a sentence?
- Appurtenance can have many different meanings and applications such as in real estate, natural resources, and even items owned by the wealthy like estates or luxury cars.
- It is important to ascertain the context of which property is being referred to when discussing appurtenances.
- The appurtenance was necessary as the construction team indicated it was vital and permanent so trusted the expert consultant on the issue.
- There was an appurtenance agreement among all the buildings in the neighborhood that kept people from building things together too closely.
- An appurtenance is a term used to describe an improvement to what is usually a physical property, which then becomes the legal property of what it was improved upon.
- You should try to always own any appurtenance on your property so that you can sell it all as one piece.
Meaning of Appurtenance & Appurtenance Definition