| Drag and drop
- Go to the AOL Desktop Gold app.
- You can do this by searching for it in the Start menu or even browsing through programs.
- Left click and hold the AOL Gold folder and drag it to the desktop.
- You will then have the AOL Desktop Gold application icon on your desktop.
Open My Computer (Windows 7, 10 or 8), go to drive C, go to Applications and Files, locate and find the AOL desktop folder. Look for the yellow AOL desktop icon in the folder. Right click on the icon.
- Right-click the toolbar icon you want to change | Click Edit. Find or select an icon. Add, rename and rename toolbar icons in AOL Desktop Gold
- Log in to AOL Desktop Gold.
- Click the Add Favorite icon.
- Left click on a product or service | Click Add on the toolbar.
Create a Windows Windows shortcut
- Right-click an empty area on the desktop or taskbar and select New and then Shortcut.
- Enter mailto: where as storage location or link path to be replaced with the recipient’s email address
- Click Next and enter a name for the link. Then click Finish.
Recover deleted or missing contacts in AOL Mail
- In the left pane of AOL Mail, click Contacts.
- Click More | Get over it.
- Select a date from which you want to restore contacts from the drop-down menu.
- Click Restore.
Via the system tray
AOL Desktop Gold is the easy-to-use all-in-one desktop you know and love with messaging, browsing, search, and content. Now includes: Premium security features to help prevent hacker attacks on your AOL account.
Install Desktop Gold
Gmail is a webmail. The Gmail apps for Android and iOS are very similar to custom email clients. They exist for a variety of reasons related to operating systems, mobile / small form factor, and lack of reliable connectivity. None of these problems typically occur on the desktop.
To create a desktop icon or shortcut, do the following:
Open an AOL email account with Windows 10 Mail
Find out how to find AOL apps and link websites or apps to the Windows 10 Start menu. View or select available AOL apps. On the application page, click Install. After installing the application, click Open to view this application on the desktop.