Definition of Ancillary:
A person whose work provides necessary support to the primary activities of an organization, institution, or industry.
Providing necessary support to the primary activities or operation of an organization, institution, industry, or system.
Less important or central than something else. See also ancillary activity and ancillary benefit.
Synonyms of Ancillary
Accessory, Accompanying, Additional, Adjuvant, Another, Appurtenant, Assistant, Assisting, Attendant, Attending, Auxiliary, Coincident, Collateral, Contributory, Extra, Farther, Fostering, Fresh, Further, Helping, Incident, Instrumental, Ministerial, Ministering, Ministrant, More, New, Nurtural, Nutricial, Other, Plus, Satellite, Serving, Spare, Subservient, Subsidiary, Supernumerary, Supplemental, Supplementary, Surplus, Ulterior, Replacement, Deputy, Relief, Proxy, Reserve, Surrogate, Cover, Fill-in, Stand-in, Standby, Locum, Locum tenens, Understudy, Stopgap, Alternative, Ancillary, Ancillary, Subordinate, Secondary, Supportive
How to use Ancillary in a sentence?
- If it werent for the ancillary services that our IT Department provides in the event of major outages, our business would be much worse off.
- I have lots of baking equipment. Ingredients, bowls, and an oven are essential to baking. A kitchen aide mixer is ancillary to my baking habit.
- The employment of specialist teachers and ancillaries.
- The development of ancillary services to support its products.
- I knew that my problems regarding the clogging of the company toilet were ancillary compared to the problems that they boss had to deal with regarding the loss of money due to recent deal with a client.
Meaning of Ancillary & Ancillary Definition