Definition of Allotment:
In business, allotment describes a systematic distribution of resources across different entities and over time. In finance, the term typically relates to the allocation of shares during a public share issuance. Two or more financial institutions usually underwrite a public offering. Each underwriter receives a specific number of shares to sell.
The amount of something allocated to a particular person.
Subdivision of an appropriation which may be expended during an allotment period (usually a month or a quarter).
Share or portion of something such as property.
An allotment commonly refers to the allocation of shares granted to a participating underwriting firm during an initial public offering (IPO). Remaining surpluses go to other firms that have won the bid for the right to sell the remaining IPO shares. There are several types of allotment that arise when new shares are issued and allocated to either new or existing shareholders.
Systematic distribution of a resource over different entities, items, or periods.
Synonyms of Allotment
Quota, Share, Ration, Grant, Limit, Portion, Allocation, Allowance, Helping, Batch, Slice, Stint, Lot, Measure, Proportion, Percentage, C ration, K ration, Aid, Alimony, Allocation, Allowance, Annuity, Appointment, Apportionment, Appropriation, Arrangement, Array, Arraying, Assignment, Assistance, Big end, Bigger half, Bit, Bite, Board, Bounty, Budget, Chunk, Collation, Collocation, Commission, Commons, Constitution, Contingent, Cut, Deal, Depletion allowance, Deployment, Destiny, Disposal, Disposition, Distribution, Dividend, Dole, Earmarking, Emergency rations, End, Equal share, Fate, Fellowship, Field rations, Financial assistance, Form, Formation, Formulation, Grant, Grant-in-aid, Guaranteed annual income, Half, Halver, Help, Helping, Interest, Kitchen garden, Lot, Market garden, Marshaling, Meals, Measure, Meed, Mess, Modicum, Moiety, Old-age insurance, Order, Ordering, Part, Patch, Pecuniary aid, Pension, Percentage, Piece, Placement, Plot, Portion, Price support, Proportion, Public assistance, Public welfare, Quantum, Quota, Rake-off, Ration, Rations, Regimentation, Relief, Retirement benefits, Scholarship, Segment, Setting aside, Share, Short commons, Slice, Small share, Stake, Stipend, Stock, Structuring, Subsidization, Subsidy, Subvention, Support, Syntax, Tagging, Tax benefit, Tract, Truck garden, Tucker, Welfare, Welfare aid, Welfare payments
How to use Allotment in a sentence?
- In business, allotment describes a systematic distribution of resources across different entities and over time.
- There was an allotment set aside so that all the employees could receive a bonus at the end of the year.
- An allotment commonly refers to the allocation of shares granted to a participating underwriting firm during an initial public offering (IPO).
- Joans will described the allotment of her fortune that each of her children and grandchildren would receive upon her passing.
- A stock split is a form of allotment in which the company allocates shares proportionately based on existing ownership,.
- You may need to set an aside an allotment of your product to release at another time once the demand has risen.
- The number one reason a company issues new shares for allotment is to raise money to finance business operations.
- The gadget shuts off the television set when a kid has used up his allotment.
Meaning of Allotment & Allotment Definition