Definition of Algorithm:
A process or set of rules to be followed in calculations or other problem-solving operations, especially by a computer.
Financial companies use algorithms in areas such as loan pricing, stock trading, asset-liability management, and many automated functions. For example, algorithmic trading, known as "algo" trading, is used for deciding the timing, pricing, and quantity of stock orders. Algo trading, also known as automated trading or black-box trading, uses a computer program to buy or sell securities at a pace not possible for humans.
Step by step procedure designed to perform an operation, and which (like a map or flowchart) will lead to the sought result if followed correctly. Algorithms have a definite beginning and a definite end, and a finite number of steps. An algorithm produces the same output information given the same input information, and several short algorithms can be combined to perform complex tasks such as writing a computer program. A cookbook recipe, a diagnosis, a problem solving routine, are some common examples of simple algorithms. Suitable for solving structured problems (amenable to sequential analysis) algorithms are, however, unsuitable for problems where value judgments are required. See also heuristics and lateral thinking.
An algorithm is set of instructions for solving a problem or accomplishing a task. One common example of an algorithm is a recipe, which consists of specific instructions for preparing a dish/meal. Every computerized device uses algorithms to perform its functions.
Synonyms of Algorithm
Arabic numerals, MO, Roman numerals, Algorism, Applied mathematics, Approach, Attack, Binary system, Course, Decimal system, Duodecimal system, Fashion, Figures, Form, Guise, Hexadecimal system, Higher mathematics, Line, Line of action, Lines, Manner, Manner of working, Math, Mathematic, Mathematics, Means, Method, Methodology, Mode, Mode of operation, Mode of procedure, Modus operandi, Numbers, Octal system, Order, Practice, Procedure, Proceeding, Process, Pure mathematics, Routine, Style, System, Tack, Technique, The drill, The how, The way of, Tone, Way, Wise
How to use Algorithm in a sentence?
- To solve a Rubiks cube you must learn various algorithm s that move a specific block but returns to its starting position after a certain number of turns.
- Every time you run a computer program, the program runs an algorithm of codes, which results in functions being operated at certain orders based on conditions written in such code.
- An algorithm is set of instructions for solving a problem or accomplishing a task. Every computerized device uses algorithms to perform its functions.
- The scientists required an algorithm that would allow them to figure out the problem in an orderly, numerical and precise manner, resulting in a conclusive answer.
- A basic algorithm for division.
- Algo trading, also known as automated trading or black-box trading, uses a computer program to buy or sell securities at a pace not possible for humans. Since prices of stocks, bonds, and commodities appear in various formats online and in trading data, the process by which an algorithm digests scores of financial data becomes easy.
- Computer algorithms make life easier by trimming the time it takes to manually do things. In the world of automation, algorithms allow workers to be more proficient and focused. Algorithms make slow processes more proficient. In many cases, especially in automation, algos save companies money.
Meaning of Algorithm & Algorithm Definition