Albr3

Albr3

Why is Alber 3 acidic salt? ۔

I think it breaks down into Al3 + and Br, and Br is not equal to pH, but Al3 + is not. My question is does it increase the concentration of Al3 + H30 +? No H to donate!

To update

Thank you so much for your help!

I want to see it, it's hard. Which is more (usually, not only in this case) the ping reagent in the water molecule forms OH or H3O +, or the ping reagent in the OH or H3O + molecule, which increases the concentration of everything, decreases Is?

Aluminum hydroxide, L (OH) 3 is soluble in water because L + 3 ion has strong bonding with 3OH1 ion.

Concentration of OH1 ions in pure water = 1 * 10 7 mol / liter.

Concentration of H3O + 1 ions in pure water = 1 * 10 7 mol / liter.

When AlBr3 dissolves in water, it produces Al + 3 ions and Br1 ions. Al +3 ions combine with OH1 ions to form Al (OH) 3 molecules, now the concentration of OH1 ions is less than 1 * 10 7 mol / liter. Therefore, the concentration of H3O + 1 ions is more than 1 * 10 7 mol / liter.

One solution is acidic if the concentration of H3O + 1 ions is more than 1 * 10 7 mol / liter. So the solution is a little acidic!

Water can become acidic by mixing H3O + 1 ions or removing OH1 ions.

Different salts dissolve in water to form solutions that can be neutral, acidic or basic. It depends on the ability of anions or cations to react with water. The reaction with water is called hydrolysis. Strong bases and acids do not hydrate cations and ions.

In this case, the bromide ion, which is the strong acid HBr ion, is not hydrolyzed. However, aluminum ions react with water to give some or all of the following elements: AlOH 2 +, Al (OH) 2 +, Al (OH) 3, Al (OH) 4 , and H +. ۔ H + comes from water.

Al3 ++ H> AlOH 2 ++ H +

Albr3