Definition of Acknowledgement:
Commerce: Written (or electronic) communication to the buyer that the seller has accepted the buyers purchase order. This acknowledgement creates a binding contract on both parties.
Recognition of the importance or quality of something.
A statement printed at the beginning of a book expressing the authors or publishers gratitude to others.
Marine insurance: Document issued to confirm that a particular shipment is covered under an insurance policy.
Acceptance of the truth or existence of something.
Law: (1) Formal declaration made under oath, or in the presence of a notary public or other competent authority. (2) Avowal of debt after which the right of action to recover debt accrues to the debtor (and not before).
Computing: Message (such as one used in handshaking process between two modems) that indicates the status of communications received. Commonly written as ACK.
General: Statement declaring something to be factual or true (or confirming something to be genuine) and certified by a competent authority. Also called verification.
Synonyms of Acknowledgement
Acceptance, Admission, Granting, Allowing, Concession, Confession, Appreciation, Recognition, Realization, Awareness, Cognizance, Knowledge
How to use Acknowledgement in a sentence?
- Affirmations, acknowledgment, and recognition are important, but it is the questions and challenges that arise from the differences that are vital.
- The speaker hopes that the listener will show a sign of acknowledgement giving a sign that he understands the information at which is being given to interpret.
- The reproduction on page 50 wasnt mentioned in the acknowledgements.
- The company made an official acknowledgement that their medication had been linked to a significant number of birth defects in clinical trials.
- The acknowledgement of the receiving party was critical to alleviating our concerns about the day to day processes involved in our deal.
- There was no acknowledgement of the familys trauma.
Meaning of Acknowledgement & Acknowledgement Definition