Definition of Absorbent:
(of a material) able to soak up liquid easily.
Material that extracts a fluid (gas or liquid) from a medium or surface on contact, and changes physically or chemically during the process.
A substance or item that soaks up liquid easily.
Synonyms of Absorbent
Absorbency, Absorption, Adsorbent, Adsorption, Assimilation, Blotter, Blotting, Blotting paper, Chemisorption, Chemosorption, Digestion, Endosmosis, Engrossment, Exosmosis, Infiltration, Osmosis, Percolation, Seepage, Sorption, Sponge, Sponging, Porous, Spongy, Sponge-like, Permeable, Pervious, Absorptive, Penetrable, Assimilative, Receptive, Soaking, Blotting
How to use Absorbent in a sentence?
- You may want to have an absorbent on hand when you are working with certain dangerous chemicals in your factory.
- The manager told Brad that although paper is Absorbent it is not used to clean up spills and that he should go get a towel from the custodian room.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels.
- The absorbent was really good and it allowed us to do things in the experiment that allowed us to see things differently.
- There was a bit of a leak from the tanker so we put absorbents down to soak up the spillage, of about half a litre, and put a barrier up around the vehicle.
Meaning of Absorbent & Absorbent Definition